Electric pressure cookers are one of the most sophisticated cooking appliances we can have in the 21st century. Replacing the old traditional pressure cookers, these electric cookers feature state-of-the-art technologies, more healthy cooking, steaming, and a lot of other features that we can’t even imagine before their introduction.
Similarly, due to advanced and some new features, there are some additional recipes that we can cook in these cookers effectively. In this article, we will describe 8 of the best recipes that you can make easily at your homes using the Electric Pressure Cookers
1. Chicken with Duck Sauce
- Heat the oil in the electric pressure cooker with medium heat. Add chicken on all sides as balanced as you can. Afterward flavor the chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram.
- Return chicken to the cooker over medium-high heat, secure the lid, and bring to high pressure for 8 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Reduce pressure before opening the lid. The internal temperature of the chicken meat should be at 180 degrees.
- Now remove chicken for the cooker, place it in the serving dish, and add flavoring like vinegar, honey, etc. Bring to a boil, and cook uncovered until the sauce has reduced into a thick and syrupy consistency, about 10 minutes. Spoon over chicken and serve.
2. Vegetable Biryani
- Place the rice (as per needed) in a large water container and let them soak for around 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onion, cumin seeds, and bay leaves; cook and stir until onion is translucent about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots; cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, chile powder, and coriander; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir rice gently into the pressure cooker until evenly coated with oil. Pour in water and peas. Stir in salt, butter, and garam masala. Seal cooker and bring to high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Carefully release the pressure. Now the delicious biryani is ready to serve.
3. Aloo Baingan Masala
- Precisely grind the cashews, tomatoes smoothly.
- Now heat the electric cooker in sauté mode.
- Now add some oil.
- After approx. thirty seconds, add in the onions along with some salt and cook for one minute. Also, add ginger and some chilies.
- You can also add some masalas and tomato puree as per your choice Add in the masalas and mix well. Loosely cover it with some flat lid and cook for 3 minutes. Stir once or twice in between. Add in chopped eggplant and potatoes.
- Afterward, cancel the sauté mode and keep cooking on manual mode for some time. The lid should be closed at this time. Sealing position. Cook on manual mode high for 2 minutes.
- Release the pressure after 10 minutes carefully. Finally, your baingan masala is ready. You can add seasoning as per your needs.
4. Desi Style Masala Pasta
- First of all, turn on the sauté mode of the electric pressure cooker and preheat it for about 3 to 4 minutes. Once the pan has heated, add the oil, garlic, and onion. Sauté them until they get thoroughly red.
- Once the onions soften, add the carrots, corn, tomato puree, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and red chili powder.
- Add salt to taste, 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the uncooked pasta and stir it.
- Now add the lid to your electric pressure cooker, and set the manual mode. Set the timer to 20 minutes and keep cooking the paste until it is soft, fully cooked and warm.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove the pressure, and you can top it with sauces cinnamon, mint, etc.
- The best Desi Pasta is now ready and is a perfect dish for weekends.
5. Dhaba Style Egg Curry Recipe
- Boil the eggs (as needed). Turn on the sauté mode of your electric cooker.
- Heat ghee into the electric pressure cooker; add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chili, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves until you can smell the aromas coming through.
- Afterward, add onion, ginger, and garlic (precisely chopped) and let them cook them till they turn soft.
- Let them cook sometimes, now add all the required masalas like chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, and other dry spices.
- Next, add the tomato puree and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. After the required time, add a certain amount of water.
- Set the Electric Pressure Cooker mode to gravy mode and allow the pressure cooker to do cook until it turns itself on to the keep warm mode.
- After completion, you can add cumin, etc. for topping. Serve the curry with traditional homemade chapati or naan.
6. Punjabi Toor Dal Tadka
- Select the sauté mode on your electric pressure cooker.
- Afterward add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- After the tomatoes are soft add the dal (toor) with two cups of water and stir. Also, change the nozzle to the pressure mode.
- Now change the menu option to “dal mode” in your electric cooker.
- After the cooking is done, your cooker will automatically notify you. Remove the pressure from the cooker. Finally, the Punjabi Tool Dal is ready. Serve it with chutney or squeeze lemons on it.
7. Rice Pudding
- In the electric pressure cooker’s pot, add rice, water, and salt. Lock the lid pf the cooker and place it under high pressure for 3 minutes. Release the pressure afterward.
- Now add 1 1/2 cups milk and sugar to rice in your cookers pot, and stir it. Whisk eggs and the leftover ½ cup milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Afterward, select sauté and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and remove the pot from the electric cooker. As the pudding gets cool, it will get thicken simultaneously. It’s best to serve the pudding warm topped with thick cream, berries, etc.
8. Chocolate Marble Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter, egg, and sugar until they become light. Also add milk, vanilla extract, and the flour and mix them well.
- Pour in half the cake batter into the prepared tin. Add the cocoa powder into the other half of the marble cake batter and mix well. Pour this chocolate cake batter into the white cake batter.
- With the help of skewer, create a marbling effect on the batter, by swirling it around. Cover the cake pan with an aluminum foil tightly, so moisture from the pressure cooker does not seep into the cake.
- Fill the electric pressure cooker with 1 cup of water. Turn on the electric pressure cooker. Choose manual mode and adjust the program setting to Cake. Turn the vent nozzle into the pressure mode and allow the cake to bake until the pressure cooker comes into keep warm mode.
- Allow the cooker to settle and remove the pressure gently.
- Serve the cake with tea or coffee during the evenings.
There are several different Electric Cooker Brands to choose from and the Geek Appliances is one of them. It has a lot of different cooking features and several different inbuilt Indian recipes. So the brand will suit you best if you are living in the Indian Region.